8402Re: [hreg] Digest Number 2155
- Dec 18, 2008Wonderful news -- thank you for arranging it. I will bust my proverbials to be there; my work schedule should allow me to make this meeting.
Just in case, dress in plenty of layers if the weather is iffy -- there is much to see indoors, but the real fun is outdoors.
For more detailed driving directions, the venue is about 85 miles from downtown Houston:
- take IH 10 and stay on it until about 2-3 miles West of Columbus.
- check your odometer, and turn right (North) on highway 71.
- go just under 7 miles, look to the right, and drop your jaw.
- We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
- All countries need NO REGRETS strategic policies regarding every non-renewable resource, including water.
- Plan ahead seven generations -- reduce all your consumption, and eliminate waste.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Special HREG meeting in JanuaryOur regular HREG meeting on Sunday January 25th will not be at the library, but at a special location that many of you have been interested in seeing: The Industrial Country Market.
This is the place near Columbus on highway 71 just north of I-10 that has windmills, solar panels, a green roof and much more. There was some discussion about it several months ago on the list so we arranged to have a tour for our January meeting. It will be from 2-4pm (our usual time). We will arrange some carpools from the Houston area when the date gets closer. I just wanted to make the announcement early.
Their website is still under development at: