      From: mikewoodbooks <mikewoodbooks@...>
      Subject: [hreg] Moving, must sell my solar equipment
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 9:00 AM

      Hi, newbie to the group. Tried to find a separate classified section
      but couldn't find one. Please forgive and provide guidance if this is
      the wrong area to post at.
      I set up my first system on an RV in 1989. 3 panels, Edison Nickel
      Iron batteries and a Trace inverter. Worked great! (long gone now so
      don't bother to email about that one). Been reading Home Power since
      issue #11 and had planned on setting up a whole house system when we
      eventually move from Kingwood to California. However, with the recent
      power outage from Hurricane Ike (these seem to be more and more
      frequent) and our continuing electricity rate hikes, I recently made
      the plunge and purchased a large solar power system. 48 batteries, 26
      panels and lots more. I had thought we wouldn't be moving for 3 years.
      Now however, it turns out we will be moving this Spring. If I knew
      that we would be moving into a house right away I could possibly think
      about bringing the equipment with us. But we may be in an apartment
      initially, so its just not going to work out to move all this stuff.
      Anyways, I think my best move is to part this gear out into starter
      systems for someone that wants to get their feet wet in RE and take a
      room off grid. I put a listing on Craigslist
      http://houston. craigslist. org/for/93345226 0.html
      basically 4 Deka batteries, 2 Kyocera 80 watt panels, OK Solar
      battery enclosure, ASC charge controller, and battery cables and
      wiring. New cost is a little over $4000 and I've listed it for $1299.
      If anyone is interested just email or give me a call at 281-358-3773.
      Thanks, mike

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic