8177Re: [hreg] Re:Dear Centerpoint Energy-

  • David Power
    Oct 1, 2008
      If you go to the PUC website and look for project 34610 that would be a good place to start. there are a lot of materials and responses to go through.

      David
      On Sep 29, 2008, at 9:22 PM, Stephanie Edwards-Musa wrote:

      Hi David,

      Where can I find information on all of this stuff?

      On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:18 PM, David Power <dpower@hal-pc. org> wrote:

      Actually they are in the process of changing the meters, The smart meter initiative at the PUC has been a long hard battle but the new meters will have significant features available to the home owner not just the utility.  Current hearings are being held on the HAN or Home Area Network support of the system and the standards that are proposed to interface with it.

      The Itron Openway system that is proposed for the Centerpoint deployment is one of the most advanced, open standards supported systems developed to date.

      David Power
      Green Planet Energy

      On Sep 29, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Stephanie Edwards-Musa wrote:

      Hi Jim,

      Out of curiosity what did the lobbyists not like about? Was there junk in the proposal they didn't like? Or just the obvious costs of replacing the meters?

      From: "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@earthlink. net>
      Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:54:12 -0500
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: Re: [hreg] Re:Dear Centerpoint Energy-

      The cost for implementing the solar incentive, the one that failed in Texas 2007 legislative session, would have saddled every INVESTOR OWNED electric utility customer with a whopping fifty cents per thousand kilowatt hours on every bill.
      The "utility" would bear only the expenses of changing the billing and, eventually, replacing everyones kWhr meter with a digital one.
      Now everyone needs to turn at once and glare at the utility lobby for blocking this no-brainer solution.

      Jim Duncan
      North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
      817.917.057
      ntrei@earthlink. net