7873Re: Latest prices of solar panel

  • bigneuticals
    Jun 29, 2008
      I too am researching the price of a system for my home. My energy
      usage with a fairly efficient 2800 sq ft home (family of 4) is about
      1300KW per month, which places me at roughly 6 or 7Kw for 50% of
      usage. I have been considering a grid tie system to start, and
      incrementally building a battery bank and larger array once the grid
      tie is installed and running. Here is a link to what I have found to
      be the best deal yet @ about $5.27 per Watt and includes Sharp 224W
      panels, inverters and other installation accessories:

      http://www.solarelectricsupply.com/systems/grid-tie/discount-
      gridtie.html

      As for the pricing, I can't seem to locate it right now, but there
      was an article from the Prometheus Institute about a forecasted panel
      price drop in 2009.

      http://www.prometheus.org/

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Solar Energy <WhySolar@...> wrote:

      > Does any one have the latest figures on cost of solar panels? I am
      interested in price (US$ per Watt) of panels in the size range 130
      watts to 220 watts. I have this table but it's old.
      http://www.ecobusinesslinks.com/solar_panels.htm
      > Thanks

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic