7867Re: Latest prices of solar panel

  • William
    Jun 25, 2008
      Hello all, Just received this today, did anyone else get one of
      these? I am wondering how across the board they are? Anyone?

      Hi William,

      Texas is the national leader in wind power and we have the potential
      meet the rest of our energy needs with solar power. In fact, if we
      solar panels on an area thirty miles by thirty miles in west Texas,
      could generate enough electricity to power the entire state at prices
      competitive with new nuclear plants!

      But to bring all that clean wind and solar power from west Texas, we
      need to invest in our transmission grid. Right now, the Public
      Commission is deciding how much renewable energy transmission to

      The most ambitious plan they're looking at would create transmission
      capacity for almost an additional 18,000 megawatts of wind and solar
      power, which would reduce smog pollution from power plants by 13% and
      global warming pollution by 16%.

      As the PUC prepares to make its decision, I invite you to sign this
      petition urging the Commissioners to select a plan that maximizes the
      renewable energy transmission grid.

      Luke Metzger
      Environment Texas Director

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@...> wrote:
      > Remember to add the cost of the inverter, tracks, batteries etc to
      get the big picture. The solar panels alone is not the only cost to
      consider.... Good luck.
      interested in price (US$ per Watt) of panels in the size range 130
      watts to 220 watts.  I have this table but it's old.
      > http://www.ecobusin esslinks. com/solar_ panels.htmThanks
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic