7857Did any one attend this event earlier in June

  • Solar Energy
    Jun 21, 2008
      I missed this event; did anyone attend this event & how was it?

      Ahmad

      Steven Deterling <rocketman1@...> wrote:
      "Dutch powerhouse Vestas Wind Systems said it will open its first U.S. research and development facility here. The office will open in 2009 and grow to about 100 researchers by early 2010, not including support staff, with more positions likely to come"

      "The announcement came during the American Wind Energy Association' s annual Wind Power conference, which is in Houston for the first time this year and runs through Wednesday. More than 12,000 attendees have registered for the conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center. The conference features panel discussions, hundreds of exhibitors and a job fair."

      http://www.chron. com/disp/ story.mpl/ front/5815356. html

      http://www.windpowe rexpo.org/ index.cfm

      also

      "The nation's largest biodiesel plant opened Monday at the Houston Ship Channel, expanding Texas' lead as the biggest producer of the alternative fuel and helping chart a course for making it from nonedible sources."

      http://www.chron. com/disp/ story.mpl/ front/5815196. html

      I didn't even know the Wind Expo was going on this week, or I might have tried to attend.

      Steve

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic