      Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 1:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [hreg] Re: alternative energy--next bubble?

      Group,

      I don't know about any bubble popping for RE but I can
      tell you as a vendor that the industry is indeed
      undergoing a paradigm shift that will change the way
      that RE products are marketed and sold in the future.
      The industry never has done a good job of marketing.
      Historically it has rode the backs of regional dealers
      who were stupid enough to carry the manufacturers and
      distributors who should be responsible for marketing
      their own products. What is occurring now for the
      most part is large corporations and utilities are
      entering the RE market en masse and buying directly
      from the manufacturers. These large companies do not
      need local dealers and in some cases they are
      competing directly against regional dealers. The
      dealers who cannot recognize this shift in the
      industry and adapt quickly will soon become the
      dinosaurs of the RE business. Not sure if that is a
      good or bad thing but I do know that groups like TREIA
      have helped to expedite this shift here in the state
      of Texas.

      Steve

      === message truncated ===

      Getting better all the time!