      From: J P Malone <JPMALONE@...>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:38:16 PM
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Commercial aircraft flight partial on biofuel

      I was simply asking if anyone knows of a database that shows data on what
      crop will give the highest energy biofuel. For example, if one can grow
      switch grass, bamboo, corn, algae, soybeans. Which will yield the highest
      amount of fuel, BTU, whatever the proper unit of measure maybe for the
      amount of land it takes to grow each crop. Like a retail store that measure
      profit dollars per square foot of rent paid. It is basic commerce. If my
      family owns 114,532 acres of land which currently grows switch grass is
      there another crop that will give me more energy biofuel per acre than
      switch grass (will it move a car further than what I am currently growing).

      That was the only question I was asking. Not any other ancillary,
      consequential, other parameters that might constrain one choice or waste
      product questions. If that means virgin product to you, fine, that’s your
      label. To me it is a simple question.

      Does such a database exist? Period.

      I guess the answer must be that no one knows of the existence of such a
      database, otherwise I would have an answer by now.

      Thanks.