7346RE: [hreg] Commercial aircraft flight partial on biofuel

  • J P Malone
    Feb 26 6:15 AM
      Not sure how a question can be part of the problem.

      I agree with your comments on multiple fuels and methods and that one size
      does not fit all.
      However, it does seem to be appropriate to ask, in each local, what
      resources give the biggest bang for the buck.
      Why use soybeans & corn if algae (as an example only) can use less acreage
      and provide a greatly more efficient source of green fuel.
      Transporting/transmitting the energy produced is another big piece of the
      puzzle.

      In Iceland, they have huge geo-thermal resources which they are exploiting.
      America has a diverse range of climates and resources. So it still seems
      productive to ask which are most efficient. If a local climate will only
      allow the use of resources that start at number 44 in a ranking then that is
      where they should at least start considering which resources to use.

      Designing consumer & industrial products so that there is no waste (Wm.
      McDonough, Cradle to Cradle) is a good way to stop feeding the beast while
      working on a Green Manhattan Project. The original Manhattan Project took
      less than 4 years and $20 billion (in 2007 $) from conception to Hiroshima.
      That is only about 2 months of the Iraq War cost. So a Green Manhattan
      Project is feasible if we can get our new leaders to commit to it.