7065RE: [hreg] Automakers adding more MPG to new cars

  • Ryan Evans
    Dec 2, 2007
      Why not just get rid of the congress then?
      Just keep the treasury department and get rid of the
      congress all together if our country is to be
      completely run by capitalism.
      I mean we're pretty much at that stage already right?
      So just let the "consumer" dictate the outcome of life
      and everything, because that has worked out so well
      for us so far.
      You want to know the sole purpose of the as you so put
      it "corporate operations"?
      It is to make money. That's it. That is it's absolute
      only purpose of existence.
      It's not to improve quality of life. It's not to
      create a better world or to have harmony amongst our
      species. Although sometimes these are circumstancial
      bi-products, 99.9% of the time, the main driving force
      behind a corporate operation is to sell the product
      thay have in their hand and make money.
      And as we've all seen in the past and up to today,
      corporate operations with little to no supervision
      fueled by consumers has alwayshad great outcomes.
      Let's think about some of the examples
      Tobacco,
      Pharmacuticals,
      ....well I could write a list that goes on for pages.
      Thus leading me to the subject matter of automobiles
      and consumers.
      Besides the catalytic converter and the seat belt, the
      car has not had any real supervision and it's
      transformation of what it is today has been driven by
      consumerism.
      As I said earlier, the corporate operations only
      purpose is to make money. And even with the enormous
      attention to global warming, gas, etc etc, there is a
      reason that air polluting, gas guzzling SUV's and
      Pickup trucks that literally get 12 miles to the
      gallon are still being sold by the millions.........
      So though anarchism and barterism would be the most
      ideal form of life for humanity, it is simply not in
      our nature as a whole and we need authoratative roles
      to keep oursleves from complete self-destruction. In
      so many levels, we've already come to understand this,
      which gave birth to government.
      Our government, though very extrememly flawed because
      as one great quote says "power corrupts" is still a
      phenomenal body of work that we humans created to help
      give all people under it's system an equal chance at
      living....it is capitalism that has actually twisted
      and deformed it into the monster. and what keeps
      feeding the capital beast?
      us...the consumer.....
      consumers dictating the outcome of humanity?
      I just don't see a good outcome of that.

      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51731/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_qD