      From: Bashir Syed [mailto:bsyed@ worldnet. att.net]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:07 PM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
      Subject: Re: [hreg] Fwd: Re: I guess I should ask........
      This aspect has been considered and due to more risks of having a mishap on the launch pad or close to earth, this method of disposing off any radio active material was abondoned. A few years ago a Satellite came very close to earth and crashed in Canada, spilling radioactive material used in Thermo-Nuclear power generator. After that such power sources were replaced by Photovoltaic PV Solar Cells (and Fuell Cells in International Space Station), much safer than earlier Thermo-Nuclear powerr sources.