6673'An Engineer's Green Home Check List' Next Green Class?

  • Gary Beck
    Jul 31, 2007

      For a small group I would be happy to present my “Introduction to Green Home Building” session with ‘An Engineer’s Green Home Check List’.  Small would mean a group of 4 to 10 people who confirm by RSVP email they would like to get together. A class size of up to 10 can be managed (barely) at our office conference room any evening.  For a small of 10 we would arrange dinner of something healthy like pizza.

      Due to work back log and pending travel I would push the first available date to the week of August 13th.  If a we get 4 to 10 RSVPs I will tentatively confirm the evening of Thursday August 16 at the ECO office. Start time is flexible as well. It can be held early evening like 5 to 7 pm or later like 6 to 8 or 7 to 9 pm by consensus. This ‘Green Home Intro’ starts with an overview presentation and then switches to an informal discussion based around our ‘An Engineer’s Green Home Check List’ hand out.

      This is the same basic “engineer’s perspective” presentation with improvement as was first presented at the last G. Brown Center Houston Home Show.   It covers the basics of green with a focus helping make early design decisions structural system choices. August 16th is a tentative date based on the RSVP group size. The date, time, and location could be moved if the RSVP list gets bigger and if anyone wants to offer  a bigger place.

      Please RSVP your interest in the evening of August 16 with your preferred start time and we will reply to the first 10 with a firm class date and time. Feel free to call or email as needed.

      Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

      Eco-Holdings LLC

      4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd.

      Suite 114  Houston, Texas 77025