659Re: [hreg] Digest

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Feb 1, 2001
      How about take it one step further, alternative building methods, no chemical
      cleaners, most of the food raised on site, in other words a sustainable
      lifestyle B&B. BTW, the plans are drawn and we are working on building just
      such an item. Any help that anyone was interested in donating would be
      wonderful. Just joking about the help but not about what we are creating. We
      would be interested in running an alternative building workshop this summer if
      anyone in the group is interested. Chuck you wanted a house, how about a B&B?

      Steve Stelzer wrote:

      > Hey Group, I have an idea: A demonstration house for energy effinciency and
      > renewable energy use. Not a new idea, and problematic regarding ownership.
      > But,what if it were a Bread & Breakfast? The resident caretaker would get a
      > break on the rent, and we could have an income stream from room rentals.
      > Meanwhile, the guests would be seeing energy efficiency in action as well as
      > other sustainable practices performed by the caretakers. It seems like
      > various grants could be obtained for something like this. How does "The
      > Solar Hotel" sound?
      >
      > Obviously, this would be a major undertaking, but worth running up the
      > flagpole.
      >
      > Steve Stelzer

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic