5824RE: [hreg] Chronicle lead editorial - Texas may phase out incandescent bulbs?

  • Robert Johnston
    Mar 12, 2007

      That’s exactly what I do—I write the date on the base with a Sharpie.  And it is revealing disturbing trends.  The economics arguments are probably still in favor of the CFL, but not nearly as favorable.

      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto: hreg@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Kevin Conlin
      Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:28 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Chronicle lead editorial - Texas may phase out incandescent bulbs?

      Hi Robert,  I use them also and am questioning the longevity as well.  Now whenever I replace one I write the date on the base with a Sharpie, so I’m hoping to quantify this issue, like you, I have some that are failing too soon.  In other fixtures they have already lasted for years, so it’s been a mixed bag so far.

      Regards,  Kevin

      Kevin Conlin

      Solarcraft, Inc.

      4007 C Greenbriar