5760RE: [hreg] Chronicle lead editorial - Texas may phase out incandescent bulbs?

  • Ariel Thomann
    Mar 5, 2007
      Good idea re. dating first use. I recently had to replace my first one -- used
      on a floor lamp w/ timer, runs whether I'm here or away traveling. Turns on for
      about 2 hours every morning, about 4 every evening. I lasted over 4 years.
      Another with similar setup in another lamp is still running strong.

      Ariel
      generations.

      > Hi Robert, I use them also and am questioning the longevity as well. Now
      > whenever I replace one I write the date on the base with a Sharpie, so I'm
      > hoping to quantify this issue, like you, I have some that are failing too
      > soon. In other fixtures they have already lasted for years, so it's been a
      > mixed bag so far.
      >
      > Regards, Kevin
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic