5757RE: [hreg] Chronicle lead editorial - Texas may phase out incandescent bulbs?

  • Nan Hildreth
    Mar 5, 2007
      CF bulbs don't like being rapidly switched on and off.  If given a half hour to warm up, they last longer.  So in my bathroom I use a motion sensor incandescent nightlight that I got from Home Depot for $7 and only turn on the CF lights in the bath when I need a really bright light.

      At 11:27 AM 3/5/2007, Kevin Conlin wrote:

      Hi Robert,  I use them also and am questioning the longevity as well.  Now whenever I replace one I write the date on the base with a Sharpie, so I’m hoping to quantify this issue, like you, I have some that are failing too soon.  In other fixtures they have already lasted for years, so it’s been a mixed bag so far.

      Regards,  Kevin

      Kevin Conlin

      Solarcraft, Inc.

      4007 C Greenbriar