5751RE: [hreg] Chronicle lead editorial - Texas may phase out incandescent bulbs?

  • Michael Ewert
    Mar 4, 2007

      I’ve had trouble with short life on some too, but so far the ones I got from John Miggins and from Lighting Unlimited are going strong.  Does anyone know what Consumer Reports says about CFLs?

      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Johnston
      Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:55 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Chronicle lead editorial - Texas may phase out incandescent bulbs?

      I continue to have such bad luck with longevity of CFL’s—typically just 6 mos to 2 years (max)—vs. claimed 5-7 yrs—that I don’t think they should be legislating CFLs until the technology is working as advertised.  I’ve tried half a dozen brands including Autocell Electronics and they just aren’t lasting.  Is it lightning in this region affecting electronic ballasts, or what?  The other issue I have is that stores aren’t carrying 2700 K bulbs for the most part.  If they would, I think it would be easier to get folks to switch, since they have color more similar to incandescents, instead of the garish blue of high color temperature CFLs.

      Robert