5484Re: HREG meeting and officer elections January 28th

  • jgardiner9
    Jan 26, 2007
      Hello Mike,

      I'm afraid I won't be able to make it as Sunday afternoon is now the
      recurring meeting time for the EWB (Central Houston Professionals)
      India project group and I am one the people in charge of the solar
      element.

      best regards
      James

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Ewert" <mewert@...> wrote:

      > Below is your last reminder (from me) of Sunday's HREG meeting at
      2pm. I
      > hope to see you all there! Remember the new location.
      >

      > Regarding our annual election of officers, here is your slate of
      candidates,
      > who have all accepted nomination:
      >
      > Secretary/treasurer - Joyce Lattimore
      >
      > Representative to TXSES - John Gardner
      >
      > Vice - president Technical - Chris Boyer
      >
      > Vice - president Outreach - Ed Wanat
      >
      > President - Mike Ewert
      >

      > _____

      January 28th
      > from 2-4 pm.
      >
      > *Important* We will be meeting at a new location. The meeting
      will be held
      > at Houston Library - Park Place Branch, located at 8145 Park Place,
      Houston,
      > Texas 77017.
      >

      > AGENDA
      >
      > Welcome & Announcements Mike Ewert
      >
      > Report from TXSES meeting John Gardner
      >
      > Annual Election of Officers - more info. to follow
      >
      > Feature Presentation - "The Latest in Active Solar Thermal
      Technologies"

      > Overview Mike Ewert
      >
      > Dish Stirling Mike Ewert
      >
      > Parabolic Troughs Chris Boyer
      >
      > Solar Thermal in the Home John Gardner
      >
      > Call to Action Chris Boyer
      >
      > (After you hear what Solar Energy can and IS doing already, we're
      sure
      > you'll want to take action. Chris will talk about how HREG is
      organizing to
      > promote renewable energy in Texas and how you can help!)
      >

      > Note about 2007 HREG Officers: If you would like to nominate
      yourself or
      > another to be an officer of HREG, please let me know at least a
      week before
      > the meeting.
      >

      > Directions to the Meeting:
      >
      > The Park Place Library is very near Interstate 45 and Loop 610
      South.

      > From I-45 Southbound:
      > Take Exit 38B Howard Dr./Bellfort Ave exit. Stay to the left and
      make a
      > U-turn under the freeway. Move to the right on the I-45 feeder for
      approx.1
      > mile. Turn right on Park Place Boulevard. The library is in the
      second block
      > on the left.
      >
      > From I-45 Northbound:
      > Take Exit 39 Park Place Blvd/Broadway Blvd -- go 0.7 mi. Turn right
      on Park
      > Place Boulevard. The library is in the second block on the left.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic