      From: William
      Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:53 PM
      Subject: [hreg] Global dimming

      Did anyone watch PBS's Nova program last Tuesday? "GLOBAL DIMMING"
      Scientists from the US, Austria(I believe)and Australia have been
      crunching data over the last nearly 100 years. Climatically we are
      losing the amount of sunlight that strikes the Earth. Due to pollution
      sunlight seems to be reflected away from our blue planet.Another item
      of great importance seems to be PAN EVAPORATION and the reduced amount
      of that same evaporation. These scientists believe that this issue is
      in a "tug-of-war" with global warming, or at the very least making the
      symptoms of global warming less apparent.

      cooler/dimming greenhouse gases

      A less accepted theory by other scientists but I think very,very
      interesting indeed. Bill Stange

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic