5292Re: [hreg] Heliotube

  • Paul Archer
    Dec 1, 2006
      Yesterday, Bashir Syed wrote:

      > Dear Paul: I looked at the product and called them twice and left the
      > message. Also I sent them an e-mail to respond, but didn't hear from them.
      > I had a few questions for them regarding the technolgy used for PV modules
      > and price in $/Watt. From the looks of the module it appeared to be
      > Thin-Film amorphous type, which although is guaranteed for ten years but
      > starts degarding in performance after sixth year. Since they are for
      > grid-tied use, the tracker seems to be motorized from utility power or
      > some other mechanism. I needed an explanation, but haven't heard from them
      > at all.

      They claim that the tracking mechanism is self-powered, so my guess would be
      that it uses the PV power it generates to move, and some kind of spring
      return mechanism. But I don't know for sure.
      I would give them a week or so to cool down, since there has been a lot of
      press about them lately.

      Paul

      > Bashir A. Syed

      "Other than telling us how to live, think, marry,
      pray, vote, invest, educate our children and, now,
      die, I think the Republicans have done a fine job
      of getting government out of our personal lives."
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic