5251RE: [hreg] Re: Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs

  • robert gulick
    Nov 1, 2006
      Does anyone know where you can buy CFLs at a price better than at our local Walmart or Home Depot?  Also with a better selection?

      Bob

      > To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      > From: jhmatt692003@...
      > Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:16:26 +0000
      > Subject: [hreg] Re: Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs
      >
      > I'm not sure if you ever got an answer to this question. However, I
      > found a site that sells compact fluorescent lights.
      >
      > http://www.energyconservinglights.com/
      >
      > I stumbled upon the site while looking for something else. I hope
      > this help.
      >
      > James
      > --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "edwardwanat" <edward.wanat@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here is some information our president, Mike Ewert, has shared
      > with
      > > me about the EPA's "Change a Light" program. HREG is also trying
      > > get more Houstonians to use more energy efficient light bulbs. We
      > > offered a free compact fluorescent light bulb for every admission
      > > the solar home tour and hope to continue encouraging everyone to
      > use
      > > efficient light bulbs through public education at events such as
      > our
      > > next group meeting at the farmers market.
      > >

      > > How many light bulbs does it take to change the world? Only one,
      > > but it has to be the right kind, according to the Department of
      > > Energy. The EPA and the DOE kicked off their "Change a Light,
      > Change
      > > the World" campaign last week at a skyscraper famous for its
      > lights -
      > > - the Empire State Building.
      > > By exchanging just one light bulb for an ENERGY STAR qualified
      > > bulb, the DOE claims residents can save more than $30 in
      > electricity
      > > costs over the bulb's lifetime. "If every American household
      > changed
      > > a single light bulb to a high efficiency ENERGY STAR bulb, that
      > > would provide enough power to light more than 2.5 million homes,"
      > > EPA administrator Stephen Johnson said at the event.
      > > The Empire State Building recently underwent significant
      > upgrades
      > > to save electricity. The building's general manager, James
      > Connors,
      > > said, "We employ a dual energy source air conditioning system
      > using
      > > steam and electricity, we have replaced all 6,500 windows with
      > > double-glazed, paned, thermal efficient windows, reduced from 40
      > > watt to 32 watt lamps, with upgraded electronic ballasts in every
      > > office and all public areas, and have insulated our setback roofs."
      > > The goal of the campaign, which runs from Oct 4 to Nov 30, is to
      > > convince as many people as possible to make the "Change a Light"
      > > pledge, found at <http://www.energystar.gov>. Consumers pledge to
      > > replace at least one standard light bulb in their house with an
      > > ENERGY STAR qualified compact fluorescent bulb. Compact
      > fluorescent
      > > bulbs use one-third of the electricity that standard incandescent
      > > light bulbs use and last up to ten times longer. ENERGY STAR
> [...]

      Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces Check it out!
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic