4813Re: PV economics

  • deviant
    Aug 16, 2006
      I think there is value there, but that you cannot gain from the lack
      of tax increase. (that'd be like buying a fuel efficient vehicle and
      adding to its value how much you saved by not buying fuel for the
      jet you don't own) The gain would be counted upon sale of the
      property. i.e. If the property was sold for $10k more than without
      the system, then that $10k can be counted as salvage value at that
      time period in the future. (future value being discounted to today
      of course, turning that $10k to maybe $5k today depending on when
      the sale occurs and what inflation rate was used)

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Conlin" <kconlin@...> wrote:

      > Hi All, A customer raised a very interesting question today which
      I could
      > not answer. He included the property tax savings in the payback
      for a PV
      > system. I don't think I've ever seen that number applied to the
      payback
      > calculations. His argument was that the PV increased the value of
      the home,
      > but since it was exempt from property tax, that should be
      considered in the
      > savings. Maybe Andrew, Jim or John can tell me, do you include
      this number
      > in the payback calculations?
      >
      > Anyone else with accounting skills can also chime in.
      >

      > Thanks, Kevin

      > Kevin Conlin
      > Solarcraft, Inc.
      > 13130 Stafford Road, Suite 125