      From: deviant
      Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:29 AM
      Subject: [hreg] Re: Geothermal cooling feasibility in Houston?

      Edward,

      I recommend that you hold off investing in this until they have a
      working system for sale, installed and in use by non-interested
      parties. A system producing hydrogen safely for the home is pretty
      far off in availability, IMO.

      With fuel prices going up, scams will flourish. I am not condemning
      this as a scam, but just cautioning all.

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, "Edward Kramer" <onekindr@.. .> wrote:

      > Andrew,
      >
      > The process is using a metal fuel cell immeresed in a vessel
      (water filter) of electrolyte creating heat and hydrogen gas. The
      heat generated keeps the water from your heater at a temp of about
      100 degrees, circulating through the vessel in a heat exchanger. The
      hydrogen gas generated is stored in a propane storage tank and
      replaces the use of propane or natural gas.. At present, the
      technology is only suited for appliances using natural gas, as a
      onsite electrical generator using hydrogen as fuel is in the second
      stage of UL testing and won't be ready for market for awhile. Since
      a person is exploring changing his a/c unit, he can purchase a new
      ng unit and hook up the system. The process per therm is lower than
      ng, and unlike the uncertainty of future rates, the hydrogen
      technology will only see a modest inflation increase. this is the
      best way I have seen to get off the carbon diet that we are so
      controlled by. If you would like to see the unit in action, I have
      a small demo model that can better demo the process.

      Behalf Of Edward Kramer
      > Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:11 AM
      > To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
      > Subject: Re: [hreg] Geothermal cooling feasibility in Houston?
      >

      > Peter,
      >

      > Since you are considering going geothermal. there is a
      federal tax credit (set to expire 2007), 10% of equipment cost
      (geothermal heat pump) $ 500.00 maximum. since youare going to
      change over your a/c unit, I have a much better emerging new
      renewable energy technology that you might be interested in
      examining. We address your 3 largest appliances that use the most
      electricity- a/c unit/heater. water heater and elctric stove for
      cooking. By reducing those appliances use of electricity you will
      see a dramatic savings on both greenhouse gases and utility bills.
      You will have a much faster payback than 10 years.

      > If you are interested, please contact me.
      >

      > Edward Kramer
      >
      > onekindr@...

    • Show all 59 messages in this topic