4564Re: [hreg] Houston Directory

  • Cindy Yepez
    Jul 10, 2006
      This would be a great resource. I feel like we are making some progress here in Houston but its awfully slow.  Its very hard to find these businesses if they exist in this area at all.  I have been working on something for Houston myself but am also finding it difficult to locate green businesses and products.  I haven't really done a good job promoting my own efforts, but if anyone is interested the site is called the Houston Green Guide www.houstongreenguide.com.

      The way I look at it, the more information resources we can make available to folks, the better. Gotta get Houston on the map :-)

      Regards,
      Cindy Yepez

      On 7/7/06, Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:

      Many of you may not know about this yet, but HREG is a sponsor of a new Environmental Directory for Houston and the first issue will have an energy theme.  We're not real sure when it will come out yet.  A guy named Paul Robbins who did this in Austin is working on it.  He asked me for help recommending contractors and I thought the best way was just to put the question to the eGroup.  So, please see below and reply if you have good information.  Thank you,

      Mike

      I have finished the Houston Environmental Groups and the cover (which is a beautiful color drawing of one of Houston's best parks). I have been trying to find who is selling energy efficiency products and services and greenbuilding products in Houston as well.  This is a very time-consuming task and if you have any suggestions I will listen.  In particular I am trying to find reliable home energy conservation contractors in your area.

      Paul Robbins

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic