4333Re: [hreg] Do something!

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Jun 5, 2006
      I see a real problem with the energy challenge, 17 of the questions are not applicable to my home and I am not sure how to answer them.  For example:  Turn your water heater down to 120° F (49° C)   I use a tankless heater that does no have a temperature setting?  What about people who use solar?  This just one example of questions that don't apply.  I have no central HVAC unit, no thermostats, etc.  We average about 450 kwh per month on our electric and 15 gal of diesel.

      Any suggestions on how to answer?

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      At 05:18 PM 6/4/2006, you wrote:
      We spend a lot of time discussing and complaining about global warming, imported oil and pollution.  So let’s all do something (joining HREG was a great start.  J ).

      I invite you all to take the
      “Energy Wise Challenge” on our home page:
      http://www.txses.org/hreg/index.php
      Click right below the ad for our renewable energy tour in the fall (mark that date on your calendar while you’re at it).  Please check the box that says you are already an HREG member; otherwise you’ll get another invitation to join.

      Of course, that’s just the first step.  Once you’ve taken the quiz, see how you can improve over the next week or 2 and then come back and update your score.  Hopefully it will make you feel better to be an active HREG member.

      If all goes well with our database, we will have statistics and even prizes at future HREG meetings for our most “energy wise” members.

      Thank you,
      Mike

      Renewable energy Renewable energy resources Renewable energy sources
      Renewable energy system Renewable energy news Houston texas

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic