      From: blpasemann
      Sent: 1/4/2006 2:07:16 PM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] Re: HREG Goals

      I am fairly new to this group, but I wouldn't mind seeing more
      training sessions on RE, solar installs, Solar hot water installs,
      Bio-Diesel, etc. I would like to do my own, but would rather see
      training in action for free or cheap to understand the many facets
      involved. And for you guys with RE companies that do work on the
      weekends, I could be available to help out just to see and learn.

      Also, there is so much info out there, maybe have some general or
      intro talks for new members as they come on. For me, I am interested
      in building options of new homes and also, what's best for upgrades to
      existing homes to get the most bang for the buck.

      PS. After doing some minor improvements around the house, this past
      months electric bill has been the lowest ever for me ($67) and the
      previous lowest ones ($80) where when electricity was around 8
      cents/KWH. I added cellulous insulation in the attic, changed to all
      CFL light bulbs, put up a clothes line and be more aware of lights on.
      That's it. I have an old, 1200 sq ft house with old windows, old AC,
      propane, etc.

      Thanx
      Brady Pasemann
      832-594-5658

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne Boyer <chris.rox@s...> wrote:

      > Happy New Year 2006 to all of You.
      >
      > With the coming year, its time to make goals, and included in that
      is goals for HREG. In the past, HREG has been a passive group, a
      local section of the Tx Solar Energy Society. Our impact has
      included: solar education programs at schools, Earth Day
      presentations, quarterly meetings, this WEB chat page, and the Solar
      Home Tour.

      > Should we do more? Most of us are following the growing concern
      about the end of cheap fossil fuels and the onset of a dangerous
      climate change. I think most people don't do anything to change
      because they don't know any other direction. The fossil fuel industry
      does not want to lose their captive market, so naturally, they are
      fighting against change. Renewable energy is a solution, and a very
      exciting one. We need to get the message out. Please let us know
      what you would like to see from HREG, or if you are available to
      donate some time as an officer and help make an impact in this world.

      > Happy New Year!
      > Chris Boyer
      > HREG Vice President

      Yahoo! Groups Links