3370Re: backup solar system

  • blpasemann
    Sep 29, 2005
      Noyes,
      I live in houston as well and want to learn about renewable energy.
      I plan to put solar in my house at some time, but want to learn about
      it so I can do it my self. I have also thought about doing a small
      system to run some lights, fan, etc. also. What part of houston do
      you live in? Maybe we can learn together or if you set yours up I can
      help. There is tons of stuff on the web, it takes a lot of reading.
      As I am finding out, there are many many facets to renewable energy.
      I really want to do something with bio-diesel as well.

      email me
      bpasemann@...
      832-594-5658

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, noyes livingston <noyesliv@y...> wrote:

      > to anyone interested in giving some advice:
      >
      > 1. is there a training program in the state of texas
      > where one can study to become a solar contractor?
      >
      > 2. is there anyone interested in giving advice,
      > contacts to find the equiptment and the feedback as i
      > am ready to build a small, portable system that would
      > power two lights, a radio, a fan and perhaps something
      > to boil water or heat food in the event of a power
      > outage for 3-5 days? my budget would be appx.
      > $1000-$1500.
      >
      > i have procastinated on this for some time. i would
      > appreciate it if someone would be willing to
      > communicate with me on this matter. while i was not
      > smart enough to plan for hurricane rita this time, i
      > don't want to put off this idea that i have yet to put
      > into action.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic