3361RE: [hreg] Wind Power Cooperative

  • Gary Beck
    Sep 26, 2005

      As for GE, unless they are actively looking to form cooperatives, you may get no response due to business volume and performance-first culture. They are focused on profit and certainly not in the business of teaching others how to do it, and they do not take any risks or spend any time on ventures. Once a venture is running and profitable, they may choose to do business with it (or buy it). GE is big business first in a way that works well (I own GE stock).  Funny how one of the companies that for years was ridden for being environmentally negative is now suddenly so green due to buying Enron’s wind assets.

      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto: hreg@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of JR Batek
      Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:51 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Wind Power Cooperative

      I spoke with the former Chief Financial Officer of the
      Wind Division of Enron, and he said that the new
      owners of the business (GE) would have a lot of
      information about forming a cooperative.  He said to
      give GE Wind a call or send them an email and they can
      provide you with information on setting one up,
      legalities, financing, etc.

      JR

      --- Robert Johnston <junk1@...> wrote:

      > I looked online.  Didn't see anything to indicate
      > the Corn Growers Assoc is
      > doing anything along the lines of the electricity
      > CONSUMER based cooperative
      > I am asking about.  If that is in fact what you
      > heard about, do you have any
      > links?  Is anyone doing that in TX?
      >

      > Robert
      >

      >   _____

      n+texas+web+site+design&w2= Houston +texas+swimming+pool+builder&w3=Houston+te

      xas+apartment&w4= Houston +texas+web+design&w5= Houston +texas+web+hosting&w6=Ho
      > uston+texas&c=6&s=185&.sig=p_3PFlQPre3XMVijuQ5J5Q>
      > texas web site design
      >
      > Houston

      Houston+texas+web+site+design&w2= Houston +texas+swimming+pool+builder&w3=Hous

      ton+texas+apartment&w4= Houston +texas+web+design&w5= Houston +texas+web+hosting

      &w6= Houston +texas&c=6&s=185&.sig=kmnaVKf2TUm0dXRf5kVeQQ>
      >  texas swimming
      > pool builder
      >
      > Houston

      s+web+site+design&w2= Houston +texas+swimming+pool+builder&w3= Houston +texas+ap

      artment&w4= Houston +texas+web+design&w5= Houston +texas+web+hosting&w6= Houston+
      > texas&c=6&s=185&.sig=vGWbsOGXbIwn5lvoVI7PSA>  texas
      > apartment
      >

      > Houston

      as+web+site+design&w2= Houston +texas+swimming+pool+builder&w3= Houston +texas+a

      partment&w4= Houston +texas+web+design&w5= Houston +texas+web+hosting&w6= Houston
      > +texas&c=6&s=185&.sig=lGxkgySJnWB3Tq9zkAvPTA>  texas
      > web design
      >
      > Houston

      xas+web+site+design&w2= Houston +texas+swimming+pool+builder&w3= Houston +texas+

      apartment&w4= Houston +texas+web+design&w5= Houston +texas+web+hosting&w6=Housto
      > n+texas&c=6&s=185&.sig=FL1e-_Cs-CEmjDi7PXl9Pg>
      > texas web hosting
      >
      > Houston

      +design&w2= Houston +texas+swimming+pool+builder&w3= Houston +texas+apartment&w4

      = Houston +texas+web+design&w5= Houston +texas+web+hosting&w6= Houston +texas&c=6&
      > s=185&.sig=z3fd_9LlbmcdLWHCbxuyTQ>  texas
      >

      >   _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > *      Visit your group "hreg
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg> " on
      > the web.

      > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
      > Yahoo!
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of
      > Service.
      >

      >   _____