3353Re: [hreg] backup solar system

  • William & Cynthia Stange
    Sep 24, 2005
      This message is for Noyes, I'm sorry I think i hit the reply button on the wrong message. Anyway, we just de-boarded windows and are dog-tired. I have been an electrician for 24 years and i too have been looking for certification in Texas. Right now for emergency I am using an inverter 750 watt- peak load of 1500 watts run from my truck batteries. Built by "Vector" , bought from either Lowes or Best Buy. Used to run small stuff like you are talking about, to boil water you would have to shut the other items down until you are done. I like how you are thinking though, good luck, I'll keep up with the postings to see how you make out.

      SBT Designs <sbtdesigns@...> wrote:
      I suppose.  SEI has also taken a lot of solar business away from and out of
      the state from Texas solar vendors.

      There is a tendency for Texas government agencies, municipalities,
      non-profits and utilities to take funds from Texas taxpayers and rate payers
      and send that money out of state to other suppliers and vendors due to some
      mistaken perception that resources and skills may not be present here in the
      state.  It is disturbing when Texas vendors also concede business
      opportunities to out of state vendors and pretend non-profits.

      If and when we conduct business in our communities and with local businesses
      our local funds, resources, sales taxes and pay checks stay in our community
      and help to build our Texas communities by paying wages, feeding our
      families, paying property taxes and sales taxes.  Our funds stay in our
      community.  In that regard, it is certainly a mistake if not immoral for our
      own state/county government, cities, businesses and local non-profits to
      encourage our citizens to conduct business out of the state.  I would think
      that fact would be more than obvious.

      I have conducted numerous presentations on Net-metered Solar Power Systems
      for the San Antonio chapter of the AIA, for the Houston Greenbuilding
      Council chapter and for the South Texas chapter of the Energy Engineering
      Association.  If the Renewable Energy Fair occurs this weekend there will be
      similar presentations available in Fredericksburg.  It is incumbent upon
      Texas solar vendors to step up to the plate and provide this type of
      educational and informational service if there is a valid demand and
      requirement here in the state.  It is vitally important we not concede this
      business to out of state vendors and pretend non-profits.

      Steven Shepard
      SBT Designs
      25581 IH-10 West
      San Antonio, Texas 78257