      Actually I know of several hot shot drivers that are delivering supplies, gas and time out of their own pockets.  What good is money if there is nothing in the store to buy?
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      At 05:13 PM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
      That is a good idea, it can also help sanitize the water they do have to make it safer.  composting toilets would be good too.

      We could make a lot of contributions but with the transportation problems and caos it might be better to just donate money.

      John Miggins
      Harvest Solar & Wind Power
      "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
      www.harvest-energy.com
      Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
      Cell: 918-521-6223
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Garth & Kim Travis
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:05 PM
      Subject: Re: [hreg] HREG Call to Action

      Greetings,
      I wonder how difficult it would be for the refugees to find cardboard.  We could send them rolls of aluminum foil and cooking bags which would allow the creation of solar cookers.
      Just an idea.  It will boil water in about 45 minutes.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      At 11:09 AM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
      Michael:
      During this disaster caused by Katrina hurricane, Solar Energy can provide lights, safe-drinkable water and cooking using solar-cookers.
      I believe HREG can contribute a lot. Let us get together for brain storming, and see how we can help the people in dire need.  Hoping to hear from you,

      Bashir A. Syed