3246Re: [hreg] Re: Nozzle suggestions for roof water spray?

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Aug 20, 2005
      There is a complete description of a system on a building 70 ft by 40 ft in
      the files section on the HREG home page. One of these days I will find
      time to upload the pictures of the system that Lunce kindly took for
      me. We use sprinklers, not nozzles. Sprinklers are made to withstand the
      environment better.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      At 01:09 PM 8/20/2005, you wrote:
      >I understand what you are saying about covering the roof with water
      >rather than a mist like on a cooling system around an AC outside
      >unit. But what about a house with a ridge and moderate pitch?
      >
      >In my work doing industrial cleaning I've worked a bit with nozzles on
      >shower booms. You have to balance pressure, static head, nozzle
      >spacing and total gallons per minute to get a shower to work. If
      >someone has already done the basic design it would help a lot.
      >
      >I have a family member with an old house and inefficient AC. But, she
      >is on a community water system where she pays a flat rate for her
      >water regardless the consumption. Pressure seems fine. Any
      >suggestions on a roof water cooling system?
      >
      >Her house must be 60 feet or longer across the main ridge.
      >
      >By the way, it was built in 1950 on a 125 acre farm. While still
      >under construction she planted some hardwoods for shade. The workers
      >laughed at her. Now, those are wonderful shade trees which are a
      >tremendous help on keeping the house cool. Also, the front porch
      >faces South with enough depth to keep shade in the summer.
      >
      >Thanks for any nozzle suggestions.
      >
      >Todd
      >
      >--- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "David Power" <dpower@h...> wrote:
      > > I just used a couple inexpensive circular sprinklers on the test
      >system, right now I just fire them up and let them complete one
      >revolution wait 10 minutes and repeat. The idea is to wet the roof
      >rather than spray a mist. The misters would have the affect of cooling
      >the air above the roof rather than the roof it self.
      > > We will probably run a perimeter 1/2 pvc with small holes drilled in
      >them for a stream spray then add more holes until we get complete
      >coverage. I'm worried about nozzles clogging, the water in San Antonio
      >is quite hard.
      > >
      > > David
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic