      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian
      Harrison
      Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 8:37 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [hreg] what's so great about hybrids?

      With respect to the price of energy, hedge funds like the one T. Boone
      Pickens operates are part of the problem. Those funds have been buying
      futures contacts on the NYMEX for the last year pushing up the price. When
      he's quoted as saying "Oil prices going higher", he's talking his position.
      The higher the price goes the more money he makes, several hundred million
      last year alone. Its not a secret, see the attached link.
      http://www.forbes.com/energy/2004/11/04/cx_tm_1104boonelander.html