      From: Todd
      Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:39 PM
      Subject: [hreg] Nozzle suggestions for roof water spray?

      I have been reading with great interest the posts about using a
      water mist spray to cool the roof.  Any suggestions on what nozzles
      to use for a 40' wide flat roof?  I have a total 4000 square foot of
      roof in three sections.

      I read somewhere to work on 20' wide sections at a time.  I also
      understand from previous posts to spray 10 seconds every 10
      minutes.  What type nozzles?

      Flat spray pattern?  Round?  What spacing between nozzles?

      I am going to buy some .75gph nozzles for spray misting my AC
      compressor unit.  I probably have a functional 8gpm 40psi available
      on the roof.

      My thought was to use 1" Sch.40 PVC, drilled and tapped for 1/8" npt
      nozzles.  I haven't yet checked locally for UV resistant PVC.

      At work I use pressure washers and application showers.  But, I
      haven't been involved in nozzle selection for a saturation like this.

      Thanks for any suggestions.

      Todd

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic