      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Johnston
      Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 7:22 PM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] Hot Water Heaters

      Has anyone on our list used a “heat pump water heater”?  Is this a good option for our climate (e.g., pump cool air into the house as you heat your water)?  It looks to me like the major downside is the initial cost and the slow recovery rate.  But properly sized, it should save a lot of money, seems to me.  If anyone has any experience and/or contractors, manufacturers, I’d like to know.

      Also, what is the latest thinking on cost/payback on solar water heating in the Houston area, and again, manufacturers/contractors.  I’d be pleased to hear from any vendors in our group.

      Robert Johnston

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic