2347Booklist for HREG listers

  • Steven M. Stelzer
    Jan 14, 2004

      HREG : In the spirit of the new year, I’d like to share a book list with you. I call it the Blind Men and the Elephant Reading List, because each author’s views, like perceptions of blind men, have combined to give me a much better picture of the elephant. It started with environmental subjects and spread to sociological and spiritual as I saw how they began to compliment each other.

      Stephen Hawking The Universe in a Nutshell

      Edward O. Wilson The Future of Life

      Paul Hawken The Ecology of Commerce

      Hawken & Lovins Natural Capitalism

      Malcolm Beck The Gardenville Method

      Weinberg, Pellow, & SchnaibergUrban Recycling& the Search for Sustainable Community Development

      WorldWatch Institute -  The State of the World 2004

      Bill McKibben Enough

      Gregg Easterbrook - The Progress Paradox

      Lester Brown -  The Earth Policy Reader

      David Quinn  - My Ishmael

      James Kunstler Home from Nowhere

      Sarah SusankaThe Not So Big House

      Robert Prechter - The Wave Principle of Human Social Behavior

      Malcolm Gladwell  - The Tipping Point

      Lipsky & Abrams - Late Bloomers

      Wayne Dyer  - Manifest Your Destiny

      Deepak Chopra  - The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success

      Robert Sardello - Freeing the Soul from Fear

      John Gray Mars & Venus on a Date

      Wiley & Formley -  Lights Out

      Barry Sears - The Age Free Zone

      If you’d like to share any book titles that left a mark on you, I’d love to hear about them. Please email me at stelman@..., rather than replying to the list. Have a great New Year.