2071Re: Coal and Houston

  • mark r. johnson
    Jul 5, 2003
      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Christie" <mchristi@f...> wrote:
      > Mark,
      >
      > I vote to give you the title of "HREG Coal Guru".

      That's ironic, on a board devoted to clean and renewable energy, very
      much wanting to look toward the future, I earn the guru title for the
      most traditional, dirtiest fuel in widespread use! But I am flattered
      anyway. In several ways it fits me. Like I have said, I am interested
      in all forms of energy, including the dirty ones because "we" the
      world have an obligation to find a way to clean things up.

      Being centered in South Texas, it is one of the few areas in the USA
      where it is easy to imagine *not* burning coal for energy. Wonder if I
      would feel better about coal burning if I lived in say, Ohio <g>.
      Probably not.

      Thank you -- Mark J.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic