2021Re: [hreg] spam

  • Roy Holder
    Jun 19, 2003
      At 08:35 AM 6/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >Lately we are getting a spam and pornography showing up on the list. I am
      >wondering how the members feel about this issue. Do you want the list
      >changed to a moderated membership? This would mean that one of the
      >moderators would have to approve anyone wishing to join the list. So far,
      >I have just been un-subscribing such members. Please let me know how you
      >feel about this issue.
      >Bright Blessings,
      >Kim Travis
      >List Owner

      it does not bother or offend me, I read it with the del key.
      my experience is that the spam will accelerate and get bad real fast.
      They sell info to each other, so once it starts the growth is exponential.
      It could soon be that there is more spam than real list posts.
      A moderator would be a good idea.