      Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 8:12 AM
      Subject: RE: [hreg] PV Lighting Project

      Here in Farm & Ranch country we often see the PV panel / battery / light combinations used as a security light over the ranch’s front gate, which might be a mile or two from the house. These will sometimes have a motion sensor that switches on the light when a car or truck approaches the gate. I’ve also seen them used at highway construction sites to operate signal lights in a unit that is mounted on a trailer for portability.

      I don’t know exactly where these come from, I only know that they are out there waiting for you to discover them.

      Sounds like a neat idea, to actually teach the resort’s guests about alternative energy in a “passive education” manner. Good luck.

      Randy Scott