1930RE: [hreg] PV Lighting Project

  • Randy Scott
    Apr 16, 2003
      Oh, yeah, it's lunch time so I can stop & talk to you.

      I don't know if you really need "PV lights" per se so much as, perhaps,
      low voltage lights. There are many vendors that offer them for
      landscaping use.

      If you specify "PV lights" you might only find the ones with a PV panel
      and a light built-in to one unit. Perhaps your hotel might not want PV
      panels all over the place.

      Think about a "utility room" that can be used for a bank of deep cycle
      batteries and put the PV panels on the roof. Then you can run low
      voltage wiring to all the lights, signs, and probably a photo-eye switch
      that turns them on at sunset / off at sunrise.

      The kind with a PV panel, battery and light in a unit is best for
      isolated locations where the wiring isn't available.

      Search Google for solar panels, solar accessories & systems. I've come
      up with long lists of vendors. Then search for low voltage landscape
      lighting. Just off the top of my head, I know that Sears Hardware has
      them, Home Depot, etc. But you're looking for a wholesale outlet.

      Randy Scott