1841RE: [hreg] Re: Radiant Heat Shield

  • Robert Johnston
    Feb 6, 2003
      For what it's worth, I did this job myself a couple years ago. I did it
      really cheap: I just bought heavy duty aluminum foil at the grocery
      store (the thick gage for barbeque etc., not the thinner gage) and
      stapled it to the rafters in my attic. I think it feels noticeably
      cooler in the attic, but I can't tell you I noticed any difference on my
      air conditioning bill. But I also changed some equipment in my AC
      system at nearly the same time.

      Just don't be crazy like me and get the idea of saving money on AC in
      July! Even though I only worked in the mornings, I tended to work too
      long into the day, and nearly passed out from the heat even with lots of
      water. Do it now instead! And wear long sleeves to protect from the
      fiberglass insulation if you have it.

      Robert