      From: Nubia Perez [mailto:nubiaperez@...]
      Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 8:47 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com; HREG
      Subject: [hreg] Grupo Fenix

      Hello HREG...

      I have some exciting news to share!

      I have just finished a Solar Energy Workshop in Nicaragua with this great
      organization called Grupo Fenix (www.grupofenix.org). Six of us from the
      States came down to collaborate with this Nicaraguen-based group to
      implement and promote solar energy projects in rural communities. In the 2
      weeks we were here, we installed a solar panel at a church, helped build
      solar cookers, learned about the theory about photovoltaics and how solar
      cells and modules work, had a workshop on hydro-electricity, and we even
      made our own personalized solar-powered battery chargers!
      They offer the program in January and in August. The exciting part is that
      it is completely grassroots, sustainable, and it´s growing!
      You should check it out.

      Hopefully I will be at the next HREG meeting, so maybe I can take
      pictures... or if anyone is interested I can e-mail them to you.

      Thank you,

      Nubia

      Support fair trade with every email! Sign up for free email
      http://mail.ifairtrade.net