      From: Brian Malarkey [mailto:BrianM@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 5:29 PM
      To: hreg@...
      Subject: We need a speaker...

      Hello members of the Houston Renewable Energy Group!
      My name is Brian Malarkey and I am the Chair for the AIA Committee on the Environment and Co-Chair for the Greater Houston Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council. We are having a series of Seminars focusing on the sections in LEED, the green building rating system as it pertains to Houston. We have had two very successful seminars so far with  "Sustainable Sites" and "Water Efficiency". Our next seminar is "Energy and Atmosphere" which focuses on optimizing energy performance, commissioning, green power and renewable energy. We have three speakers for the 2 hour presentation and need a good representative to speak for about 20-30 minutes about renewable energy in Houston. Our audience has been about 80% Architects with the rest being a mix of Contractors, Engineers, Facilities Managers, Landscape Architects and Manufacturers Reps. We would love for your organization to participate and I think it would be a great opportunity for your group to get your message out to a group of people who are in the position to implement some of your goals and strategies. As a representative for the AIA and the Greater Houston Area U.S. Green Building Council, I would like to develop a relationship with your group so that we can further enhance both of our efforts.

      Attached is a flyer for our event... Please feel free to call me with any questions.

      <<Leedhouston.pdf>>

      Brian Michael Malarkey, AIA
      Vice President

      Kirksey