1638Great Time

  • Mike Ewert
    Sep 1 12:35 PM
      I have been reading the August 26, 2002 issue of Time Magazine and it is
      excellent! It is a special report on How to Save the Planet in conjunction
      with the World Summit on Sustainable Development. I want to see if I can
      get some extra copies to give to our leaders (of any kind).
      http://www.time.com/time/magazine/0,9263,1101020826,00.html

      Our meeting with Tom Delay about the national renewables standard was not
      possible because he was already booked up until he returns to Washington.
      HREG members are encouraged to keep an eye on the Congressional activities
      regarding renewable energy this fall. See previous message for details:

      While HREG is not a political action group, we do want to educate our
      members on the latest technical and political developments in renewable
      energy so they can take individual action if they like. Peter Altman of
      SEED suggests that personal letters (handwritten even better) have the most
      influence on our leaders.

      Representative Tom Delay's address is:
      2370 Rayburn HOB
      Washington, DC 20515-4322