      From: Christine Jerko [mailto:cjerko@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 9:38 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] suggestions for quantifiable elements of renewables

      Ok, this may require a thinking cap.

      As i mentioned before, i will try to get my company to invest in renewables
      once my homework is complete. Currently, any way i slice it, i cannot come
      close to a 9% return on the investment. There is no way Tractebel nor Suez
      would invest out of the goodness of their hearts...share holders - you know.

      So, have you ever heard of a companies stock value increasing (maybe
      Ex-RON's)from going green or making green announcemetns? Can you think of
      any other extrinsic values from investing in renewables that are
      quantifiable?

      Any help would be much appreciated,
      Christine