1539Re: [hreg] The San Francisco Solar Story

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Apr 30, 2002
      One
      > of the issues discussed at yesterday's meeting (thanks, Greg!) was that
      > geothermal units lose efficiency once the ground starts loading up with
      > heat.

      While my solution would be difficult for a large building, it does work
      on a small one. My cooling coil is under a garden bed that is watered
      everyday. This helps wash the heat away and keeps my place cool. The
      other option is a shaded, deep pond. Just make sure you run your lines
      far enough apart to not heat your cool with the return heat.
      Kim
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic