1536RE: [hreg] The San Francisco Solar Story

  • tigger@io.com
    Apr 29, 2002
      On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, C. Terry Ross wrote:

      > This would be great for Harris County - especially if they included
      > multifamily structures. I am trying to utilize water-source heat pumps
      > for a 4 story, 100 unit apt complex and would like to include solar
      > and/or wind if the economies were there.

      I'm interested in the details of this system for the apartment complex. One
      of the issues discussed at yesterday's meeting (thanks, Greg!) was that
      geothermal units lose efficiency once the ground starts loading up with
      heat. I would guess you'll have to go a lot deeper than the 150' of Greg's
      system to avoid that problem.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic