1510Renewable Demonstrations

  • Ryan McMullan
    Apr 8, 2002
      Hello all,

      I've been helping Houston Earth Day (the one this Saturday, April 13) get
      some demonstrations of renewable power. We'll have a diesel generator
      burning biodiesel, two solar trailers, and a wind generator display. All
      the electricity from the grid used by the event will be compensated with
      wind power from Green Mountain. So effectively, we'll have an
      all-renewable, carbon-neutral energy sourcing for the event for our direct
      consumption. We're also putting up little signs around the event
      highlighting these demonstrations and showing the effects these energy
      sources have. Does anyone have some good "fun facts" that we can include
      for this education?
      Also, all are welcome to the event. It's free admission and parking and
      we'll have two stages of entertainment, a kid's zone, and about 60
      exhibitors. More info at:
      http://www.houstonearthday.org/

      Ryan
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic