1476Joseph Phelan

  • Andrew McCalla
    Feb 11, 2002
      Joseph,

      Not having done any recent demographic studies on residential renewable energy system installations, by kW rating or quantity, I'm not sure where "most" of "them" live, but I doubt you would be right in assuming that "most of them live in Phoenix where it's sunny all day, or in West Texas, where it's windy."   By the way, who is your utility provider?  Are they offering green power and are you taking advantage of it?

      However, I do agree with your opinion that we need a connected, deregulated grid.  Preferably, one day, one so advanced as that which Buckminster Fuller envisioned:

      http://www.geni.org/energy/issues/overview/english/grid.html

      Actually, we are hiring.  If you can hold your own with system design and installation, and are fairly handy at chopping wood and carrying water, please give me a call.

      Andrew

      Andrew H. McCalla
      Meridian Energy Systems, Inc.
      Solar-Electric System Design, Installation, and Service.
      P.O. Box 5810
      Austin, TX  78763
      Tel: 512-477-3050
      Fax: 512-477-3035