1442Re: [hreg] Fwd: 104 KRBE Earth Day Festival - Official Inviation!

  • Ryan McMullan
    Jan 31, 2002
      At 02:04 PM 1/31/02 -0500, you wrote:
      It also irks me that KRBE never made a formal announcement of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash award winners last year. If we participate this year we need to send a letter with our application with a rather pointed reminder that if they make a big deal about the prizes that are available, they should advise all the participants of who won what.

      Yeah, the impression that I get of KRBE's operation is that the folks that run the concert don't have enough staff time to do a thorough job, but that doesn't stop them from making promises.  In short, they're not malicious, they're just spread thin and aren't particularly interested enough to put in too much extra effort.

      The KRBE/GM Earth Day is Saturday 4/6/02 at Eleanor Tinsley Park and the Houston (CEC/Rice) Earth Day is the following week (4/13/02) on the Rice campus. I think that's right - someone correct me if not. Sounds like you all have some great exhibits lined up for the CEC/Rice event - any chance they would also be available for the KREB/GM thing?

      We wouldn't be able to give you permission, but we can definitely tell you where we're getting the stuff:
      *  Solar array:  I believe this is the TxSES's equipment
      * Biodiesel:  This is just us renting a generator and buying some biodiesel from a company in Houston.
      * Fuel Cell:  This is being arranged through HARC (Houston Area Research Council, I believe).  They have a rep who's contributing to the planning stages
      * Wind:  I'm not sure where this is coming from, but I think someone "knows this guy".

      I'll try to get more concrete info.

      Ryan
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic