      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:10 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] Microsoft's recent move

      Goodmorning Everyone!

      I was a die hard Microsoft user until outside forces switched me to an iMac last year. Had I known, however, that Microsoft lobbied against renewables I would've let go much sooner.

      What took Microsoft so long to make this decision??

      Have a great day!

      Violeta Archer

      HREG President

      August 20, 2014

      Microsoft Quits Anti-Renewables Lobbying Group

      Microsoft has cut its ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), an anti-renewables lobbying group, Electa Blog reports.

      The Sustainability Group, a socially responsible investment advocacy group, and portfolio management firm Walden Asset Management has been encouraging the IT giant to end its relationship with ALEC, according to the blog, and on Tuesday issued a statement saying Microsoft is no longer a member of ALEC.

      The statement quotes emails from Microsoft confirming this: “we are no longer members of ALEC and do not provide the organization with financial support of any kind.”

      The statement also praised Microsoft’s leadership on carbon issues; specifically its 2012 commitment to become carbon neutral and it being a large corporate purchaser of renewable energy.

      Source:  http://www.environmentalleader.com/2014/08/20/microsoft-quits-anti-renewables-lobbying-group/

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic